Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mister Rogers



mister-rogers

Read this list of 15 reasons Mister Rogers was the best neighbor ever, from the Mental Floss Magazine Blog. Also, there is a video of Mister Rogers and the time he went to Washington to save PBS! Without him, we may not have public broadcasting!

Mister Rogers Neighborhood was one of my favorite television shows when I was a child, along with Sesame Street. The imaginative nature of the show captured my mind so much as a child, and it has inspired me in so many ways. My favorite episodes were the ones featuring trips to factories and places to see musical performances. I also LOVED Emily the Poetry Lady, Lady Elaine Fairchild, Henrietta Pussycat, Ana Platypus and my FAVORITE: the Daniel Striped Tiger!
March 20 is his birthday, and the celebration is Won't You Be My Neighbor Day. There are all sorts of ideas for Won't You Be My Neighbor Day at the website, including a Sweater Donation Drive!

Visit this site at pbs to vote for the best Mister Rogers' Neighborhood video! I was torn between the Competition video, because it has the crayon-making section, and the Celebrating Music episode. I distinctly remember watching both of those episodes when I was young! I'm not going to tell you which one I ended up voting for, because I don't want to influence your vote. It was wonderful watching the episodes and reliving my childhood for a little while!

1 comment:

JaneA said...

I don't think I missed a Mister Rogers episode! I still have a habit of saying, "As usual, King Friday". :-)

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide